With Apstrata you can easily push notifications to any iOS or Android devices, asynchronously or synchronously just by invoking the PushNotifications API. You also can create reusable device groups, called channels, to which you can push simultaneously, or you can dynamically build a list of devices further to the execution of a no-SQL query on your content or user directory for example. To configure your connection to a push notification middle tier such as APNS or GCMFCM, you invoke the AddCertificate API or, even simpler, resort to the Apstrata Workbench.
- If you intend to push through APNS, fill the "password" field with the password of your APNS certificate
- From the "certificate" field, upload your certificate
- If your certificate is for development only, set the value of the "development" field to "true", otherwise set it to "false"
- Leave the password field empty
- Click on the "certificate" field to upload text file that contains your API Key
- Leave the "development" field empty
Download the following apk and deploy it to your Android device. Once done, run the application, which will display your device registration id and open an email client. Enter your email address and send, then copy/paste the registration id that you received into the below field.