- Store: The equivalent of a database in RDBMs, depending on his/her account type, an Apstrata account owner is given the ability to create an arbitrary number of Stores to store his/her data.
- Document: The basic storage entity to persist data. A document is saved in a particular Store.
- ACLs: Fields in a document can be arranged into Access Control List (i.e., ACL) groups. The ACLs enforce the list of users and groups that are allowed to view or write into certain fields as well as allowed to delete a document.
- Multi-Value Fields: A field can be designated as multi-value, receiving an arbitrary amount of values (or as set by its cardinality property).
- Rich Media Support: Binary file types (such as images, videos and Office or PDF documents) are stored into documents exactly like the meta-data (text, numbers).
- Version Control: Documents can be version controlled.
- Full text Search: All documents stored into Apstrata are full text indexed including their attachments such as Office and PDF documents.
- Schema: A document can be created based on a schema that enforces field types and ACLs.
- Transactions: Our Stores support ACID transactions, i.e., multiple simultaneous operations succeed or fail together.
- Typed Data Fields: String, Numeric, Date, Text.
Rich Query ability: Flexible filter statements, result set sorting, basic aggregates and count.