With Apstrata you can easily push notifications to any iOS or Android devices, asynchronously or synchronously just by invoking the PushNotifications API. You also can create reusable device groups, called channels, to which you can push simultaneously, or you can dynamically build a list of devices further to the execution of a no-SQL query on your content or user directory for example. To configure your connection to a push notification middle tier such as APNS or GCM, you invoke the AddCertificate API or, even simpler, resort to the Apstrata Workbench.
Example: push a promotion code to all players who have been registered to your game for more than 6 months
In order to generate more traction to your cool mobile app game, let us imagine that you decide to regularly push promotions through notifications to some of your players, in the current case, those who have been using registered to your game for more that 6 months. Let us this show you how easy this it is to achieve this with Apstrata but first, let us configure Apstrata by uploading your provider's credentials to your Apstrata application.
Sign in to the Apstrata Workbench, click on "Manage app > Pus notifications" then click on a store ("DefaultStore" by default). In the panel that opens, click on "New" at the bottom right corner of the panel in order to create a new configuration (called "application"). In the form that is displaysdisplayed, enter an application id.
- If you intend to push through APNS, fill the "password" field with the password of your APNS certificate,
- Click in From the "certificate" field to , upload your certificate
- If your certificate if is for development only, set the value of the "development" field to "true", otherwise set it to "false"
- Leave the password field empty
- Click on the "certificate" field to upload text file that contains your API Key
- Leave the "development" field empty